Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Leaving Texas and Saying Goodbye











On Monday, January 7, 2008, I had the car loaded down, gassed up, and ready to roll for the long trip to Washington D.C. Dad had done a full check on the car to make sure everything was safe and ready for the long journey. I had said my goodbyes to the family, and had just finished a tasty breakfast at Frank’s Place in La Grange with my sister – it was delicious, I was energize, and ready to go!

I had previously posted on the Aggies in D.C. Listserve (a listserve for our small group that would be working in D.C.) that if anyone needed a ride up to Washington, I would be able to take one person and their luggage…I got a call from one of my roommates, Austin.

He wasn’t locked-in for a plane ticket, and I didn’t want to dive alone by myself – so, I drove to Fort Worth, TX and picked him up. Needless to say, that little car was packed as full as I could get, but when I arrived at Austin’s house, he, his dad, his mom, and I filled the car even more full. To make more room for space, we stuck a bike rack on the back trunk and loaded our bikes up…this gave us more room inside the car – which we greatly needed…and then we started driving…




...and driving




...

No comments: