
The drive up was not so bad…until the end. I started in La Grange, and left approximately at 8:30 a.m. I picked up Austin in Fort Worth and we drove to Texarkana, TX. In Texarkana, we ate our last tasty Texas Steak, at none other than The Texas Roadhouse – oh so good… and oh how I miss Texas!
We continued on through the rest of the night…we only stopped for gas, drinks, and to use the bathroom. To save money, and to get to D.C. faster, we alternated driving. I drove a couple hours, while he rested, and then we switched – he drove a couple hours while I rested. It worked out great in the beginning…but towards the end, while we were driving through Virginia, it was very hard. We were both so tried, and had all the coffee we could handle; however, we manned-up and drove on!
Though driving the last stretch was hard (we were so close yet so far away
) I must tell you how incredible the landscape of Virginia was. The mountains were so magnificent and never-ending. We saw some of the most awe-inspiring sites of nature at its best, and it was even more amazing when we drove through the Shenandoah National Park. So yes, Virginia is definitely one my top favorite states – but still way below TEXAS!As the slow Tuesday sun rose above the mountains, we drove on and on towards Arlington, VA. When we neared our final destination, Austin and I suddenly had a “fifth wind” and were very excited. We took the highway right into the heart of Arlington where we saw the Pentagon (which looked like a fortress), the Washington Monument (that jutted right out of the ground), the banks of the Potomac river, and so much more. In a few minutes we had arrived at our new home – The Buchanan. We had driven 1603 miles, our moving average was 65.9 miles/hour, and our total time moving was 24 hours 18 minutes and 52 seconds.
No comments:
Post a Comment